"Montébore" cheese – 600/850 gr – Slow Food Presidium

Caseificio Terre del Giarolo Montebore foto vendita online a prezzi competitivi su www.finetaste.it
"Montébore" cheese – 600/850 gr – Slow Food Presidium
Caseificio Terre del Giarolo Montebore vendita online a prezzi competitivi su www.finetaste.it
Caseificio Terre del Giarolo Montebore vendita online a prezzi competitivi su www.finetaste.it

"Montébore" cheese – 600/850 gr – Slow Food Presidium

Regular price €34,00
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.
  • Free shipping from €69.90
  • Free returns
  • Exclusive selections
  • Secure payments (also cash on delivery)
  • In stock
  • Inventory on the way

Caseificio Terre del Giarolo - "Montébore" cheese – Slow Food Presidium

Montébore is an ancient cheese, among the rarest in the world , of exceptional quality. It takes its name from a small town in Val Curone, in the Tortona hills.

The wedding cake shape is obtained by overlapping, after dry salting with Cervia sea salt , three shapes with decreasing diameter. The rind is variable in colour, from straw yellow to dark hazelnut depending on the seasoning, the paste is ivory in colour.

It is obtained by mixing raw milk: 70% cow's milk and the remaining 30% sheep's milk.

It is perfect as an excellence throughout the meal , it pairs perfectly with chestnut honey, honeydew and jams (in particular orange jam and the typical Piedmontese one based on grape must).


Excellent pairing with Timorasso, Arneis, Barbera wines or light, floral beers. Try it with chestnut honey and jams. Also perfect used as an ingredient in various traditional dishes.


Ingredients: 70% raw cow's milk, 30% raw sheep's milk, natural calf rennet, lactic ferments, salt

Curd: Presamica at 35 / 37 °C

Salting: dry with Cervia sea salt

Type: Cutting paste

Seasoning: from 15 to 60 days

Dimensions: ⦰ 10 cm H 5/8 cm

Weight: 300 / 400

Dimensions: ⦰ 15 cm H 6/9 cm

Weight: 600 / 850 g

Storage: +4/7°C

Allergens: milk

Taste: lactic, sweet-savory, light acidity

Produced and packaged by Caseificio Terre del Giarolo, Frazione Ponte del Molino, 5 - 15054 Fabbrica Curone (AL)

Our Customer Service is always at your disposal to help you and to respond to any request for information regarding our online service.

You can contact us from Monday to Friday from 9.00 to 13.00 and from 14.00 to 18.00 via:

All Fine Taste products arrive comfortably at your home directly from the production laboratories, without intermediate steps. This allows you to receive the products without alterations due to poor storage and allows you to enjoy them at their best, in their full integrity and freshness. It is for this reason that if you purchase from different manufacturers you will have more shipping costs. To overcome this , Fine Taste will reset the shipping costs applied to each manufacturer upon reaching an expense per manufacturer of €69.90.

Fine Taste takes care of shipping the products to you by courier (agreements stipulated with the main Italian operators). The products purchased on the site will be delivered to the address indicated by the Customer during the purchase procedure. We suggest that you indicate the address where you are most easily available (e.g. home, office or nearby shop) in order to avoid delays in deliveries and problems with the quality and conservation of the products purchased.

Deliveries are made from 9.00 to 18.00 from Monday to Friday, excluding national holidays. Average delivery times are 2/3 working days starting from the day of shipment. Order processing times are provided for indicative purposes only, they do not represent in any case a contractual obligation (it is not always possible to foresee possible delays due to the courier in charge of delivery or to any causes of force majeure, not attributable to our will).

Upon receipt of your order we will send you a confirmation email and when the products are shipped you will receive a second communication containing the tracking code so you can be updated on the status of your delivery.

In case of non-delivery, the courier will make a second attempt, after which the product will be returned to the sender. Any costs for subsequent deliveries resulting from absence at the indicated shipping location will be borne by the Customer.

In the case of fresh or temperature-controlled products, to guarantee maximum integrity and freshness, shipments will depart exclusively on the following days:

  • Monday
  • Tuesday

To respect these deadlines, orders placed before 6.00 pm on Friday will be included in the Monday or Tuesday departures.

Our shipments cover the entire Italian territory.

The relative costs are calculated based on the weight/quantity of products placed in the cart and are clearly quantified by the system and divided for each manufacturer before checkout.

In addition to the normal shipping costs, there is an additional contribution of Euro 4.50 for cash on delivery.

Recently viewed